Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding a theme that meets your needs, part of WordPress DIY: Small Business Website.
- Themes allow us to change the appearance…and display of the public facing contents…of our WordPress site.…You can almost think of them like masks…or clothes that you put on the content of your site.…Want your site to look a certain way?…Find a theme that matches your needs,…or build one yourself.…The great thing about using WordPress to build websites,…is that there's so many themes available.…Pretty much one for every conceivable need.…But that sheer volume of available themes…also makes it hard to navigate the landscape,…let alone find the exact theme that's right for you.…
So, when looking for a theme for your site,…here are a few things to keep in mind.…First, make a list of requirements before you search.…This will help you narrow down your options quickly.…Second, know where to search.…There are hundreds of thousands of themes out there,…and not all of them are published by reputable sources.…Third, realize there's a chance…your ideal theme does not exist.…You have to be willing to either compromise,…or spend the time and money it takes…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding a custom menu
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Customizing the front page
- Adding promotions
- Setting up a contact form, calendar, and social media buttons
- Securing your site and managing spam