Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding a theme that meets your needs, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Themes allow us to change the appearance…and display of the public face and contents…of our WordPress site.…Want your site to look a certain way?…Find a theme that matches your needs,…or build one yourself.…The great thing about using WordPress to build websites…is that there are so many themes available.…Pretty much one for every conceivable need,…but that sheer volume of available themes…also makes it hard to navigate the landscape,…let alone find the exact theme that is right for you.…So, when looking for a theme for your site,…here are a few things to keep in mind.…
First, make a list of requirements before you search.…This will help you narrow down your options quickly.…We've already done this in this project,…and it's important to do that every time…you're looking for a new theme.…Second, know where to search.…There are hundreds of thousands of themes out there,…and not all of them are published by reputable sources.…Third, realize there's a chance your ideal theme…does not exist.…You have to be willing to either compromise…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.