Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding plugins that meet your needs, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- In addition to themes that change…the appearance of our content…on the front end of WordPress sites,…we can also extend the functionality…of WordPress itself using plugins.…Plugins are small applications…that literally "plug in" to WordPress.…That adds new functionality or new features…in the WordPress back end and in the front end.…In this course, we're gonna use a series…of plugins to reach some of our goals.…In the next movie, I'll explain which plugins…we're gonna use and why we're using them.…But before we get to that point, it's important…to address what plugins are, where you can…get them, and how you find the right plugins to use.…
Because if you go to a place like…the WordPress Plugin Directory,…you'll discover there are 1000's…upon 1000's of plugins available.…Currently, 35,919.…In addition, there are lots of plugin…repositories elsewhere on the web…where you can get other types of plugins.…In the case of the WordPress.org Plugin Directory,…all the plugins here are free,…and they are tested to an extent.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.