Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding hooks within WooCommerce, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Narrator] Throughout this course,…we're going to be adding actions, adding filters,…removing actions, removing filters,…and all of these involve hooks.…Now you could look through the code to find these hooks,…and you probably will have to do that some of the time.…But there are tools to help you find hooks.…They have lots of names, but I call these hook visualizers.…Now I'm going to install this plugin right here,…Simply Show Hooks, to show you how it works.…I'll go to Plugins, Add New.…And I'll search for, Simply Show Hooks.…
I'll install it.…And activate it.…And now if I go to the front end of my site,…if I'm going to add something to let's say the cart page,…oh, let me add a product to my cart first.…There we go.…Now if I want to see when a specific action…is running on the cart page,…I can go up here,…click, Show Action Hooks,…and that'll show me every single action…that's happening on this page.…So, right around here, there's,…begin fetch post thumbnail HTML,…and there's a specific thing running at that time.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.