Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Find and report vulnerabilities, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- [Instructor] In this video, we look at how…to find and report vulnerabilities, bugs, and other issues.…If you happen to discover a bug while working…with WordPress, you may report it via…the designated page at wordpress.org.…If you think you've discovered a security vulnerability,…e-mail the security team ASAP at email@example.com,…and provide as much accurate and descriptive…information as possible.…For security issues, please do not post…anywhere on the web before hearing back…from the WordPress team.…
You can find more details at wordpress.org.…There are several plugins that will…help you keep a close eye on the overall security…and integrity of your WordPress powered site.…They are, Activity Log, which monitors…what logged in users are doing.…Exploit Scanner, which scans your site…for signs of hacking, and WordPress Health Check,…which checks your site's health.…We cover Activity Log and Exploit Scanner…in previous tutorials, so let's look at that third one,…WordPress Health Check.…
Visiting the Add Plugins page,…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.