- [Instructor] In this video, we look at how to find … and report vulnerabilities, bugs and other issues. … If you happen to discover a bug, … while working with WordPress, you may report it … via the designated page at WordPress.org. … If you think you've discovered a security vulnerability, … email the security team asap … at [email protected] … Remember to provide as much accurate and descriptive … information as possible. … For security issues please, do not post anywhere … on the web, before hearing back from the WordPress team. … You can find more details about this process … at WordPress.org. … There are several WordPress plugins that will help you … keep a close eye on the overall security and integrity … of your WordPress-powered site. … They are, Activity Log, … Website Files Changes Monitor, … and WordPress Site Health. … We cover Activity Log and Website Files Changes Monitor … in previous tutorials. … So let's look at that third one, WordPress Site Health. … Here under the WordPress Tools menu is the Site Health tool. …
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.