ACF includes lots of different field types, like a WYSIWYG editor, relational fields to connect posts and post types, a date picker, and even a Google Maps field. This won't be exhaustive, but this video explores a few. The instructor encourages you to explore and see what ACF really has to offer!
- [Instructor] Wordpress has supported post meta, … the ability to add extra information … to your posts and pages for a long time. … However, doing anything more than simple text … got complicated very quickly. … Here among the CMB2 github page … and you can see that doing anything … more complicated than simple text requires hours … of coding, additional frameworks and a ton of testing … to make sure everything is working and saving properly. … Thankfully, advanced custom fields … removes those complexities by creating … a wealth of different field types … all configurable, directly through the Wordpress dashboard. … While we won't be comprehensive in this video … it is worth highlighting a few of the more advanced ones. … First let's take a look at our relational field type. … There are actually several versions of this. … The page link, which allows you … to quickly look up a post and grab … the permalink or the post's URL. … If you simply want to link to another post, … this is a great option. …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.