Now that you have all of your field groups nicely defined, it's time to explore how you can move them from site to site without too much hassle. ACF allows you to export field groups in two ways: with a JSON file that you can upload to the WordPress dashboard of a new site, or through generated PHP, which you can include in a theme or plugin.
- [Instructor] Up until this point … we've put a lot of work into our field groups. … But what if we need to export or import … a field group? … ACF has us covered there, too. … If we go to Custom Fields, Tools, … you'll see that we have the option to import … and export field groups right from this screen. … You'll also notice that we can select all or some … of the field groups we created. … And that there are two ways to export … the field groups. … The first way is through a JSON file. … This JSON file can be used to import our field … groups in another WordPress install. … We also have the option of generating … the PHP code for our field groups. … There are a few benefits to this. … First is that we'll have a local copy right … in our theme or plugin code, … which makes it a little bit faster. … We can also easily control versions … of our field groups. … So if we're making changes we don't … lose previous versions. … We can add dynamic values to our field groups. … So if we want to write out instructions …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.