Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing goals and needs for the site, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- When building a new website,…it's important to start out right.…That means mapping out your goals and needs…and figuring out your content before starting…the actual process of building the site itself.…The process we've started on here…is to build a website for a restaurant…and the first step in that process…is to figure out what goals we want to achieve…and what needs we need to have for the site.…So let's start with the goals.…Here I ask myself a simple question:…Why do I need a website for my restaurant?…The answers are the goals for the site.…
A restaurant is wholly dependent on patrons…to stay in business.…The main goal of the website is to bring in new customers…and keep old customers coming back.…To facilitate this, the website should showcase…the menu in the best and most easily accessible way…and provide all the information patrons need…to feel comfortable eating there.…To make it easy for patrons to find the restaurant,…the location information should be readily available…at all times, ideally on a map…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.