WordPress has built-in support for embedding of content from many popular sources, including social media and video and audio hosts. Adding these can be done using dedicated embed blocks, or by simply cutting and pasting the URL to the resource directly i
- [Instructor] The Block Editor comes with a myriad…of blocks you can use to create custom content and layouts,…far too many for me to cover in this course.…In this last movie in the chapter,…I want to draw your attention to the blocks…at the very bottom of this list, the embeds.…The embeds are all the different services…you can use to bring content into your WordPress post…automatically by simply adding a URL…pointing at that content, and as you can see,…there are lots of different services…that provide this option, and this list,…just like everything else with the Block Editor,…will continuously extend and improve.…
The reason why I'm drawing your attention to this is…you can, if you want to, go into this list…and look at all the available embeds,…and then figure out is the current service…I want to link to providing an embed,…and if so, can I use it?…But, because of how this feature…is built into the Block Editor,…you don't have to go in and look for…the block for that service to embed…a piece of content from that service.…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block deep dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.