Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Email settings, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] One of the areas store owners tend to forget…are the emails that your eCommerce platform sends out.…As a customer, if I get a very boring email…I tend to lose trust in that store.…At the very least, I expect a logo.…So let's go ahead and set those up.…We'll go to our admin and then downloads,…settings, and email.…Now the most basic settings are right here.…There's a couple of things we can do.…By default, there is an email template…and there's the default template and the plain text template…and I recommend going with the HTML template…because it looks pretty decent.…
There used to be an email templates pack available from EDD…and that pack let's you select…from a bunch of different templates.…I'm not quite sure why they discontinued them,…but if you're wondering why there's a drop down here…there did used to be a way of getting a lot more templates.…If you're skilled with HTML, CSS, and PHP,…you could design your own email templates…and then select them from right here,…but that does take a lot of time.…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.