Multisite empowers you to efficiently manage settings, users, plugins and themes across many WordPress sites at a single time.
- [Voiceover] The real power of Multisite…comes in its ability to efficiently manage,…update, and maintain multiple sites.…Multisite has two very simple management philosophies,…one account to rule them all,…and set it once for all sites,…or give each site the option to use it.…Multisite uses the concept of a Network Administrator.…This is also referred to as a Super Administrator,…or a Super User.…With the role of the Network Administrator,…you can preform all of the administrative tasks…for every site on your network.…
For a teacher that has to manage all of their course sites,…this is a very efficient way to work.…You can quickly and easily jump in and out of all…of your course sites from a single interface.…To help you navigate between your courses,…consider how you name your courses.…The name of your course will appear in your My Sites menu…at the top of your browser,…and list all of your courses by their site title.…Therefore, use site titles that are easy for you…to identify at a glance.…
Let's say you teach the courses Introduction to Oceans,…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.