When a reusable block is used, it can be edited on the spot by converting it to a regular block or edited so all instances are updated. Deleting a reusable block deletes it in all locations where it is used.
- [Instructor] The reason reusable blocks are so useful…is, well, they're reusable.…You can create them once and then reuse them…anywhere you like.…But there's more to it than that.…The reusable block is a separate entry in the database,…meaning if you go and edit a reusable block,…that edit will take place anywhere that reusable block…has been displayed, and this is really useful…because you might make a reusable block and then…realize you made a spelling error,…or you need to update a link,…or you need to update a logo or a company name…or something else.…And all of that can be done from any instance…of this reusable block being used,…and it'll then distribute across all the instances.…
So let's say for example, I notice I've done…something wrong with the company name here,…it says "Bad Ideas Design Agency," but there's no "Inc,"…and I also need to bold this text.…You can see that I'm in the post I added the reusable block…to, so this is not where I originally created it.…That's fine, I can edit it right from within here.…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.