First thing’s first, you need to add Advanced Custom Fields to your WordPress site. In this video, download and install ACF directly from the WordPress Plugin Repository, completely for free.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to download … and install the free version of Advanced Custom Fields … from the WordPress plugin repository, … right from your WordPress dashboard. … To do that, we'll go to Plugins, Add New. … Then in the Search plugins box, … we'll search advanced custom fields. … The first result should be Advanced Custom Fields. … The author is Elliot Condon. … We'll click Install Now, … and then Activate. … Once the plugin is activated, you'll notice a new area … on the left towards the bottom called Custom Fields. … Hovering over it will reveal a menu of items. … This is how we know the plugin has been … successfully installed and activated … and is now ready for use. … …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.