Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Download settings, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] Since you're most likely…selling digital goods,…I want to highlight how you can distribute them.…There's a few settings that are tucked away…that can be quite useful,…especially if you're selling large files.…If you're selling smaller files, like music, images,…or PDF's, it's still a good idea to know…how the download settings work,…even though you probably won't need…to change your own settings.…We'll go to downloads, settings,…miscellaneous, and then file downloads.…By default, the download method is set to forced.…
You don't need to know exactly…what's going on in the background.…Just know that this is a more secure way of sharing a link.…The down side of the forced method…is that it doesn't always work for large files.…If you're selling PDF's or images,…I recommend leaving this checked.…If you're selling something large like videos,…you may have to change this to redirect.…It's slightly less secure,…but you should avoid this issue entirely.…If any of your customers complain about getting 404 or 403…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.