Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Download and configure EDD, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] Let's get started…by installing the EDD plugin.…The easiest way is right through your WordPress dashboard,…so that's how we're going to do it.…We'll go to the admin, and then plugins, add new.…And up here, we'll type in Easy Digital Downloads.…and then find the one called Easy Digital Downloads,…and click install now.…That's it.…Now if you do have an issue with this,…make sure that you have an internet connection,…and that your hosting settings let your website…install plugins.…
Some hosts, who aren't used to WordPress sites,…sometimes lock down FTP access and that can mess up…these easy installs.…So if you had a problem,…make sure you have an internet connection,…and make sure that your host allows it.…Once you have EDD installed, let's click activate.…EDD doesn't have any sort of welcome wizard,…so if we go down and click general settings…from the plugin menu,…we'll go to the settings we should configure right away.…The first thing we see on the general settings page…are the settings related to pages.…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.