Discussion settings give detailed control over how the comments feature in WordPress works. This is where you find settings for comment moderation, and where you can create blacklists to prevent comment spam.
- [Instructor] Comments are an essential part…of the social web, what we call Web 2.0.…They are where your visitors can interact with you…and with each other.…Controlling what commenting features…are available on a WordPress site…is done through settings and discussion.…Off the top here, we have the default article settings,…and these settings can be overwritten…for individual posts and individual pages.…The first of these settings is,…attempt to notify any blogs linked to from the article.…That means if you write a post,…and then in the post,…you've linked to another blog somewhere else,…WordPress will send an alert to that blog saying,…hey, you were referenced in this article.…
Do you want that to show up in this post as a pingback?…If the other site says yes to that,…then there will be a link between the two sites.…This used to be a really useful feature…to connect blogs with each other,…but over time, it's become a bit of a spam issue,…so I would actually recommend turning that feature off.…The next option,…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.