Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Determining the goals for the site, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- When building a new website,…it's important to start out right.…That means determining your goals…and figuring out your content…before starting the actual process…of building the site itself.…The project we've started on here…is to build a website for a wedding,…or other special event.…And the first step in that process…is to figure out what goals we want to achieve,…and how to meet those goals.…To identify my goals, I ask myself a simple question.…Why do I want a site for my wedding or special event?…The answers are my goals for the site.…
Weddings and other special events…are unusual in that they have…very specific and time-sensitive goals.…For example, the most important part…of the website is to get people to save the date.…So that has to be a prominent feature.…Another is to get invited guests…to RSVP to the event.…Here we also have to consider…whether the RSVP section should be open to the public,…or if it should only be available…for specifically invited guests.…A wedding or special events website…also has some other common goals:…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.