Learn what the key design principles you need to be aware of when planning to create a Multisite network for hosting your course sites.
- [Voiceover] When designing a network of course sites,…there are two primary goals.…The design must be effective and efficient…for your particular style of teaching.…We just looked at how Multisite empowers us…to be efficient at managing sites.…But how do we build in effectiveness?…The effectiveness of each of your course sites…requires you to take a step back from the technology…and think about your pedagogy.…What's your teaching style?…How do you structure your courses?…How do you prefer to engage with your learners?…Do you carry the same teaching style with you…to each of your classes?…As you ponder these questions, look for…the similarities and differences.…
Where similarities exist, make note of them,…but don't force them.…For instance, you may find that you always think of…your courses as a series of units, modules, or lessons.…You may think of one course as a series of chapters,…but you think of another course as a series of projects.…You have your own nomenclature that feels right to you.…What is it?…If there are logical groupings for your classes,…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.