- There is a lot of buzz right now about blogging for your business. But first, it's important to understand the definition of blogging. It's noisy out there online. There's a ton of different types of content coming to your buyers from all sides. And your consumers are doing their own research, educating themselves through the buying process. And you want people to find you. It's very difficult to be found in today's crazy, noisy landscape. There's so much content out there, so much online, that as your buyers are searching for different key terms, how are you making sure that you are the one being found? Business blogging is the strategy of creating short-form content, i.e. blogs, to exist on one area of your website, such as your blog, in order to drive traffic to your website and create brand awareness for your company.
Now that you know the definition of business blogging, start thinking about all the ways that you can apply blogging to your own business.
Are you a business that needs to start a blog from scratch? Dayna Rothman, senior marketer at Marketo, shows how to choose a blogging platform and design your first blog. Then she dives into creating content that will drive conversions—writing on your own or with inside and outside contributors. Finally, she explains how to promote your blog and measure the impact of your marketing efforts. Start now and learn how to connect with customers and market your business online with great blog content.
- Recognize three factors to consider when selecting a blogging platform.
- Recall the key function of the post title.
- List three characteristics of good visuals for a blog post.
- Determine the first place to promote a blog post.
- Identify the benefits of using influencer marketing strategies.
- Summarize three types of goals you might set for your blog.