Learn how to quickly customize a new site created from your WordPress course site template.
- [Voiceover] Let's customize our newly duplicated site.…From the site admin page,…let's begin on the categories page.…Since we set up all of the text that we need…to change in our template to XXXX, use the…find function of your browser.…For most browsers, that's Command or Control + F,…and type in XXXX.…This will show you all of the places…in your page that you need to make changes.…Use the quick edit link to change the name…and slug to your course number.…I'll set mine to env333, then click Update Category.…
Next, let's go to All Pages, and edit your…course syllabus page.…Use the same find function to identify…all the places you need to make changes,…and work through them to make those changes.…Since we left the formatting in place,…there should be no need to reformat…the look of your page.…Just select the text, and type right over it.…When you're finished, press the Update button.…One by one, go through the rest of the pages…and make edits as needed.…
Let's go to the Appearance section,…and tweak our main menu.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.