Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the header, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Now it's time to start customizing our sites…to make it look the way we want.…And we're going to start at the top of the page…with the header section which contains…that site title and the menu and this large featured image…and this text here.…Here you have a lot of options and you kind of have to…experiment a bit to find out exactly what you want to do…for your particular site,…but in my case, here's my plan:…first I'm gonna get rid of the site description.…It's huge, it looks weird and I don't like it.…In place of it, I'm just going to display…a large feature image in the background here…that has a name of a little restaurant…across the top then I'm gonna change…the color scheme of the header…and I'll also consider adding a graphic in place…of the text that displays the site title.…
All of this can be done from the customizer.…So once you're logged in to your site…and you're on the front page, go to the…WordPress toolbar and click Customize…to go to the customizer.…And from here we'll just start right at the top…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.