Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the footer, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- If you scroll all the way to the bottom of any page…or post or even the index page on your site,…you'll see that there's a footer section,…and currently the footer section has the name of the theme…followed by "copyright 2013" and then,…again, the name of the theme.…This needs to be changed if you're going to…take the site live and, not surprisingly,…you can change this from the customizer.…If you go to the bottom here, you can see…we have "Footer" as an option, and if you open "Footer"…you can change the logo text, which is the main text here,…as well as the copyright text, to anything you want.…This is especially useful because, in some cases…you may want to launch a site under a different language…and in that case you don't want it to be "copyright"…in English, you might want to have it in your own language.…
Changing the content here is as simple as…typing in something else, but, as you'll see in a second,…you have to be a little careful about what you write.…So if I put in the full name of the organization here,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.