Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing fonts, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- One of the reasons I chose the "Just Right" theme…for this course is its use of clear and easy to read fonts.…Web typography has evolved a lot over the last several years…and one of the things we've discovered is that…larger fonts have become really important…because people often sit far away from their large screens…and also read a lot of content on mobile devices.…In both cases, larger fonts are really important to make…it easy to consume the data on the page.…Unfortunately, many Wordpress themes have not…caught up with this and are still using really small fonts…that are hard to read, but "Just Right" uses…an easy to read san-serif font.…
However, it is quite possible you don't like…the particular font that they've chosen as the default…and for this reason you actually have the option…of four different font styles to use on your site.…You can switch between them using the customizer.…First, go to "Content" and then from here you can choose…between four different font styles.…So like I said the default is this standard san-serif font.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.