Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing fonts and colors, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Customizing a WordPress theme can go…far beyond merely changing out logos or adding images.…In many WordPress themes, you can also…change both the font and the colors of…different sections on the site,…and that is also true for the Auberge theme.…The colors and fonts are customized under the…theme section within the customizer.…If you open the theme section,…you'll see we have here colors, fonts, and also layout.…And we'll cover layout later on in the course,…so for now, let's take a look at colors and fonts.…If we start with colors, you can control pretty much…any color that's on the site here.…
The backround color, you can see if we…look at the wider view here, is this color on the…background on the side here, so currently it's grey,…and I'm gonna leave it as that color.…Next we have the accent colors.…Now, this theme is following a pretty strong…trend on the web now, which is this Prussian blue…or seafoam green or whatever you want to call it.…You can see it here when I hover over this post,…and it also is featured in all links,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.