Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing colors, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- Changing the color scheme of your theme…can make a huge difference in its appearance…and in the Just Right theme you have a lot of detail control…of the different color elements that are in the theme itself…If you go to the Customizer,…you'll see that in the left-hand panel,…you have several different options called Colors.…You have Top Menu Colors, Global Link Colors,…Global Background Colors, Global Border Colors,…Global Font Colors, and in addition,…you'll remember that under Header, just scroll to the bottom…you have something called the Header - Bottom Border Color.…And if you click on Top Menu,…you'll see here you have color controls for the top menu.…
So using these different color controls,…you can really change the appearance of your site…to make it fully customized.…Let me give you a quick example.…So right now, I'm in the Top Menu option…and here I can control all the different elements…that are inside this top menu.…So let's say I want the border to be a little bit darker,…so let's say I'll go and change the border color…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.