Customizing WordPress Themes: Simone
You learned how to build new themes in WordPress: Building Themes from Scratch Using Underscores. But many members were curious about the example theme Morten Rand-Hendriksen designed. Now he's back to show you how to use that theme, Simone, in your projects. This course will take you through the setup and configuration of Simone and help you get the most out of the post format options.
- Installing and activating Simone
- Customizing colors and the header
- Adding a custom social media menu
- Using pull quotes
- Using attachment pages
- Enabling and extending the author box
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, staff author at Lynda.com and I'm here to welcome you to Customizing WordPress Themes: Simone. In this course we'll look at the new WordPress theme, Simone, built by yours truly and published in the WordPress Theme Directory. First, I'll introduce you to Simone, where you can get the theme and how you can contribute to it. Next, we'll take a look at the basic customization options that allow you to change the appearance of the theme. I'll show you how to activate four hidden features in the theme, including a custom social media menu and an author box.
And finally, we'll take a deeper dive into the more advanced functionalities of the theme, and how you can use them to enhance your content. I'm excited to show you how this theme can put your content first, so let's get cracking with Customizing WordPress Themes: Simone.
WordPress Plugins: Backing Up Your Site80,243 Views
WordPress Plugins: Contact Forms86,016 Views
WordPress Developer Tips: Adding Category Images24,952 Views
Customizing Themes with Genesis for WordPress134,184 Views
Start With a Theme: Twenty Fifteen35,777 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
WordPress 3: Building Child Themes948,852 Views