- View Offline
- Installing and activating Simone
- Customizing colors and the header
- Adding a custom social media menu
- Using pull quotes
- Using attachment pages
- Enabling and extending the author box
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, staff author at Lynda.com and I'm here to welcome you to Customizing WordPress Themes: Simone. In this course we'll look at the new WordPress theme, Simone, built by yours truly and published in the WordPress Theme Directory. First, I'll introduce you to Simone, where you can get the theme and how you can contribute to it. Next, we'll take a look at the basic customization options that allow you to change the appearance of the theme. I'll show you how to activate four hidden features in the theme, including a custom social media menu and an author box.
And finally, we'll take a deeper dive into the more advanced functionalities of the theme, and how you can use them to enhance your content. I'm excited to show you how this theme can put your content first, so let's get cracking with Customizing WordPress Themes: Simone.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.