Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize shipping prices based on what's in the cart, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] So let's say a client gives you…a pretty unique shipping requirement.…They have flat rate shipping,…which can be handled in WooCommerce core,…and they want to charge five dollars per order…and an additional two dollars per item.…They also want a rush shipping cost.…And that's going to cost twice the amount of flat rate.…So let's go to our site and do as much of this as possible…without code.…I'll go to my sites admin, I'll go to WooCommerce, Settings,…under Shipping we'll go ahead and do the default…shipping zone here.…
I'll add a shipping zone for the United States,…and we'll add a flat rate shipping method to it.…Let's go ahead and edit it right away.…If you've never seen the flat rate shipping,…you can hover over this and it'll tell you…how to create a flat rate shipping calculation.…So I'll set it to five dollars per order,…plus two dollars per item.…I'll save this, and now the rest of this…is going to be code.…
Let's go back to our code,…and now we're going to copy our example plugin.…I'll duplicate this.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.