Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize product title, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Narrator] We've talked a lot about adding data…to the page, but sometimes, you want…to modify existing data like the product title.…I tend to like themes with a lot of white space,…so I'm only using three columns,…but if you're using four columns or a theme…that uses a lot less space, you might have issues…where the titles of these products start to wrap…and then some products are much longer than others…and it messes up the vertical alignment.…One of the cool things we can do is on the shop page,…limit how long a product title can be…and that way we can guarantee that they'll always fit…on one line.…
Let's go to our code editor and go up a little bit…and we're going to add a new filter.…Add a filter, and then we're going to use…a pretty well known WordPress filter.…You've probably heard of it.…It's called the title.…It's one of the most commonly used filters.…It's a filter that changes the title for any post…and since Woo Commerce uses custom post types for products,…we can use the pre-built filters like this one.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.