Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize product price, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Narrator] Editing a title is one thing,…but what if you want to customize something significant…like the product price?…That's much trickier because it has to be modified…within WooCommerce in multiple places…and it will eventually go through A-Payment Processor,…so you want to make sure that your calculations are correct.…Now, adjusting a price in WooCommerce…could be a course all on its own…because you have to adjust it all over the place.…So instead of taking 20 or to 30 minutes…to explain exactly how WooCommerce displays prices,…adds things to the cart line by line,…I'm going to show you an open source example…which you can use as basis for any customizations…you need to do with the price.…
We're going to take a look at WooCommerce product gift wrap.…This is on WordPress.org…and it's created by the lead developer…on the WooCommerce project, Mike Jolley.…It's also on GitHub…and this will let us look through it line by line.…This is a very small extension…which makes it perfect to learn from,…it adds a gift wrap option to your products…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.