Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize the product page, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] EDD is definitely geared for developers,…because when you search for information…on how to customize the product page,…you end up getting a lot of technical documentation…about the WordPress template hierarchy,…what the templates look like,…and what goes into each template.…Because this product is made for developers,…there's not much we can do…to customize the product page without touching code.…Now, if you really want to customize your EDD product pages,…I'd recommend looking to page builders, like Conductor,…as well as other page builders, like Beaver Builder.…
Both of these let you move around elements on the page…without touching code.…There is one really common thing we can do without code.…Under Downloads, Settings, Miscellaneous,…and then Button Text,…we can change the Add to Cart button.…For stores that have one product,…I like when it says Purchase,…because you're likely not going…to add other things to your cart,…because there's only one thing.…But when you have multiple things in your store,…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.