Configure custom taxonomies by adding custom labels directly from WordPress admin via the Custom Post Type UI plugin.
- [Instructor] Custom post types…and custom taxonomies are very similar in how they operate.…So just like with our custom post types,…custom taxonomies have additional labels that we can set up,…and custom settings.…We can customize exactly how they operate.…The additional labels and settings…can be configured as you set up the new taxonomy,…or you can go into edit taxonomies,…and use the drop-down to select the appropriate taxonomy…you want to edit right now, and edit these settings.…Also, just like with custom post types,…if you chose to change the taxonomy…slug up here,…you will create a new custom taxonomy.…
And all the other data…will be store for a separate taxonomy.…So, the only time you'll ever edit…the taxonomy slug, is if you want to either,…change to a new taxonomy,…and you want to export your content,…or, when you are starting out…and you realize you made a typo.…Under any other circumstances,…you should leave this entry alone.…Scrolling down to the additional labels,…you will notice this looks exactly…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.