Field groups are the starting structure for custom fields in ACF. Aside from adding custom fields, you can also control how and where those fields are displayed. In this video, discover what field groups are, walk through the location rules and settings, and create your first field group.
- [Instructor] Advanced Custom Fields uses … what are called Field Groups, … to attach fields to posts or post types. … Let's go ahead and create one now. … To do that, you can go to Custom Fields, Add New. … Here you'll see several areas on the screen. … You'll see the title, you'll see the fields, … which we'll add later in the course, … you'll see location information, and settings. … Let's go ahead and walk through these. … We'll add a title for this field group, called Profile Info. … Under Location, we can create a set of rules to determine, … which edit screens will use these advanced custom fields. … While there are lots of options to choose from, … we're going to keep it set at Post Type. … We can also choose between … Is Equal To and Is Not Equal To, and Post or Page. … If you have any more custom post types, … they will also show up on this list. … Let's keep this as is. … Under the Settings, you'll see a number of options, … to configure the display of our field group. … Let's make sure that our field group is set to Active, …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.