Learn how to set up a digital sandbox on stateu.org. Create your own subdomain on a live web host and gain access to a complete set of tools similar to those for a typical Domain of Ones Own implementation.
- [Voiceover] The best way to learn…how to create a multi-site network…is to build one and play around with it.…To do this, you're going to need to set up…a test environment, or digital sandbox,…where you're free to experiment.…The test environment must be able to run a full install…of Wordpress from Wordpress.org.…You won't be able to use an install that's running…on wordpress.com or edublogs,…because they're already running on multi-site.…There are many ways that you can set up a test environment,…but for this course I'd suggest setting up…your own temporary subdomain on stateu.org.…
Stateu is a test site set up by Reclaim Hosting…that models a typical implementation of the domain…of Ones Own project originally piloted…at the University of Mary Washington,…and has been adopted by teachers…in schools around the world.…To create a free 30-day test account,…click the Get Started link, and then sign in with your…LinkedIn, Google or Facebook account.…You'll be asked to choose a unique name…for your subdomain.…This will establish the temporary URL…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.