Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a taxonomy archive template, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
…In the previous movie, we added the taxonomy…information into the single post template for our reviews.…And I also added a little bit of CSS to my…childtheme stylesheet to make this section that I just added look decent.…If you want to add the same style, you can do so by going to…the code-snippets, and copying out the two simple CSS rules that you see right here.…And just place them inside your childtheme/style.css file.…Now that I have the taxonomy information, I should be able…to click on any of these taxonomy terms and then get a…list of all the other posts within the post type or…within any other post type that have this particular taxonomy term applied.…
So if I click on Content Generation here, I get to an…index page that shows me all the posts under that particular taxonomy term.…The problem is out of the box, I'm actually seeing the archive.php template…here, and the archive.php template does not tell me where I currently am.…Right now, it just says that I'm in an archive, but what I want is not only…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
Creating a basic plugin3m 21s
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.