With your new page template defined, it’s time to add the form to your website. In this video, create a new page, assign the form template, test the form, and explore some of the caveats of front-end submissions. For example, if you want to use the featured image field, you need to create a workaround for it.
- [Instructor] With our new page template created, … it's time to actually create the page … in the WordPress dashboard. … To do that, let's go to Pages, Add New. … We'll give this a title of Submit Profile, … and then we'll set the page template … under Page Attributes to User Profile. … Then we'll click Publish. … If we click on View Page, … you'll see we have the title Submit Profile, … and then we have our form. … We have the title and the content … which we've explicitly included … in our ACF form function call, … and then we have all of our custom fields. … There are a couple of caveats … about this front end submission form. … The first is if you're using certain versions of PHP, … like 7.2, you may see a PHP warning here. … That does not affect the form or the submission process, … but it is something to be aware of. … Also, because of certain limitations, … we can't include the featured image field on the form, … which means that users will not able to submit … a profile pic. …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.