Repeaters allow you to create lists of data to display. For your concept site, you’re going to create a flexible resume for user profiles, where they can include as much or as little information as they’d like. In this video, define your repeater, look at the subfields settings, and display it in a user-friendly way.
- [Narrator] Our profiles field group is mostly complete. … But there's one more section we want to add. … And that will provide us with the most flexibility. … As far as adding information, a repeater field. … We want our users to be able to add a sort of resume … to their profiles, … where they highlight some accomplishments, … jobs or other activities worth noting. … Because the number of accomplishments can vary … from user to user, we want to use a repeater field, … which affords users the ability to add as many, … or as few as they'd like. … The resume field will include the following sub fields, … a title, a simple description, a start and end date … and a full description. … The main difference between the simple and full description … is a simple description will be a single line of text … and a full description will be multiple paragraphs. … To add it to our current field group … will go to our profile info field group … and click add field. … Will give this a name of resume, …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.