Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating posts with custom post types, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
…We have now created two new custom post types within our site.…Testimonials, and reviews.…And before we can continue it's important that we test these custom…post types and make sure that they output content the way we want.…So to that end, I've created four new testimonials, and also…some reviews so that we can display the content on our site.…Under testimonials, I've created four very short…testimonial type posts, they have a title.…They have a very short piece of content, and then they have a feature image.…
And I want you to do the same.…It's important that you have at least four, because…a little later in the course I'll show you how…to create a custom loop to display a random…assortment of testimonials on the front page of your site.…I've also created a series of reviews.…I chose to create reviews based on different types of dummy content.…So, here, you see we have Cupcake Ipsum,…Veggie Ipsum, Tuna Ipsum, Bacon Ipsum, and Hipster Ipsum.…They're all filed under the Dummy Content category.…And they have different tags, some of which are shared between…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.