Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new user role for guests, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- When my Wedding Information page is set to Private,…I now need to create a new User Role,…and assign that Role to all of my Guests…so they can access these pages.…And here I should really explain…what a WordPress User Role is.…And the best way to do that,…is by creating a New User.…If I go to Users, and click "Add New,"…I can add new Users to my Site.…Right now I only have one User,…it's my login and I am an Administrator.…But as you add new Users,…you can give them other types of User Roles.…Here I need to set up a Username,…so I call it "mortenguest."…I have to set up an email address.…
If I wanted to I could also fill out…first and last name and website.…And I need a password,…so I'll put in a nice and weak one.…And then, I need to set a User Role.…WordPress ships with five User Roles.…You're an Administrator because you're the one…that set up the Site,…and the Administrator has control…over everything that happens on the Site.…The additional four Roles are as follows:…A Subscriber can login and change…their own Profile information,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
<div> <div>Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?</div> </div>
A: Visit <a href="http://pieregister.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://pieregister.com/</a> and follow the download and installation instructions.
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.