Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a loop to show sticky posts in a featured slider, part of WordPress: Building Responsive Themes.
- View Offline
So before we do that, we need to make some of our posts sticky. …I'll go up to the backend, go to Posts > All Posts, and then just select some random posts here. …I'll select these four, go to Bulk Actions and Edit and from here, I can set the Posts to Sticky. …Sticky posts are supposed to always appear at the top of the index page, and you can also …use them for things like a featured-content slider.…
Now that I have set some sticky posts--and you can see that they are sticky because …they say so right here on the index page--we can create a function that hooks into the …
- What is responsive design?
- Installing the Anaximander example theme
- Deciding what screen sizes to target
- Designing menus
- Adding responsive images and video
- Using CSS media queries to apply different styles
- Handling sidebars on mobile displays
- Dealing with footer widgets
- Installing jQuery Masonry