Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a guestbook, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Looking at the site inventory for my project…you see there's quite a lot of content that has to be…copied over and pasted into my site,…and to save you from watching me do all that work…I've taken a page out of the TV chef playbook and cheated.…So here you have the same site as I did before,…except I've added in a bunch of more pages.…So I go to the back end of my site now,…and go to Pages.…You'll see that in addition to the Your Invited page…I've also created a Contact page, a Guest Info page…with two child pages, Hotels and What to Wear,…and then I have a Registry page and an RSVP page.…
Now these are all standard pages.…The only thing that you notice that's different…is that the Hotels and What to Wear pages are…children of the Guest Info page,…and it can do this simply by going to Quick Edit…and setting the Parent here to whatever page you…want to be the Parent of the current page you're editing.…You could also do that in the Page Editor itself,…and I'm only doing this to structure the content…as you'll see it later in the course.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.