Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating extra fields, part of WordPress: Contact Forms.
- [Instructor] Creating a basic form for Contact Form 7…is relatively straightforward.…Creating extra fields is a bit more complex…than some other plugins.…I'll show you how to make a telephone field,…but there are plenty of other fields you can add…to your forms.…Let's go to our form, and we'll add and remove a few fields.…We'll go to Contact in the Admin.…Then we'll select our form.…And I want to add a telephone field…since we'll tend to work with local businesses,…and a phone call is a much richer method of communication.…So before the main message, I'll add a few lines.…
Press Enter a few times right there.…You'll notice that there are other options here,…like checkboxes, radio buttons,…drop-downs, and even a file upload.…So let's just click tel for now,…and that'll add a telephone field.…We'll get a popup with a few settings to configure…before the form is updated.…The name right here is an internal name…that Contact Form 7 uses.…You'll need this later…if you want to do something custom with that field.…But the customer doesn't see this,…
- Choosing the right plugin for you
- Best practices with forms
- Understanding email deliverability
- Using Jetpack, Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms, and Gravity Forms
- Creating and adding a basic form
- Creating extra fields
- Using conditional logic in your form
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Pluginswith Patrick Rauland2h 27m Intermediate
WordPress Plugins: Advanced Custom Fieldswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen1h 39m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to Contact Forms
2. Using Jetpack Contact Form
3. Using Contact Form 7
4. Using Ninja Forms
5. Using Gravity Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.