Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating dicount codes, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] Easy Digital Downloads lets you create…coupons, or as they call them, discount codes.…And these can be found under downloads,…discount codes.…From here we click add new, and then we just…fill out the information here.…Name is what we call this internally.…So we'll just call this same thing as we're going to call…the actual coupon.…Let's just call it $10 off.…The code is what the user enters in the actual checkout.…And then we have two options here for the type.…Percentage or flat amount.…
I tend to like flat amount, as it's a…little bit easier to use.…So I might give someone a flat amount of $10 off.…But if you want to use percentages, you can do that.…Recently, I used this feature when someone wanted…to buy the early bird price of a particular product.…But they had credit card issues,…and couldn't do it in time.…So I was able to give them a flat discount,…so they could still by the product at the early bird price,…and everyone else purchased…the product at the regular price.…So even simple discounts like this can be very useful.…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.