If you've been following this course from the beginning,…you'll remember that I actually created two custom post types.…We have the reviews, which we've been…working with throughout the course, but we also…have testimonials, and so far I haven't mentioned…them after we created the original post type.…The reason why I created this additional post type is because I wanted to show…you how you can use custom post types to display content in a very different way.…Custom post types are not just for creating alternate forms of posts.…You can also use them to display other types of content throughout your site.…
And testimonials are a really good example.…If you come to a site, you'll often find testimonials.…And they're usually cycling through a random cycle of testimonials.…And are displayed in a different way on the page.…You don't really want to have an index of testimonials.…And you also don't want to be able to search and find them.…So, they should just maybe be displayed maybe on the front page.…At the top.…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.