The Reusable Block system can be used to create advanced content templates to be added to posts and pages. Learn how to take advantage of this hidden feature.
- [Narrator] I want to let you in on a little secret.…These reusable blocks can be used to create…custom templates for your post an pages.…Let me show you what I mean.…If we go in and edit one of these existing…reusable blocks, what you see is a reusable block…is actually just a post, it's a custom post type…inside WordPress that's just really well hidden.…The title of this post is the name of the reusable block…and the content is the reusable content.…But you also notice is when you scroll down…this is quite literally just the post…which mean you can add new blocks to it…and that opens up some new possibilities.…
Just to warn you this process right now…is a little bit wonky and looks kind of crazy…but it totally works and you should totally do this…because it will save you a ton of time.…Alright so just follow along with me here.…First I'll create a new post,…this post is solely for the purpose of creating a new…reusable block and I'm going to throw it away…so I'm not even going to give it a title.…Then I'll go in and add a block…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.