Learn how to create, move, and delete blocks.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…you saw me add this button using a new button block.…And you're probably wondering how do you create new blocks…and how do you manage them,…and how do you select which blocks do we display?…So, let's run through that,…starting with the most basic question,…how do you create a new block?…Well, if you're already writing,…so just like I have,…you're just typing out paragraphs,…what you're actually doing…is creating a series of new paragraph blocks.…You can see that if I'm moving the mouse around,…here you have one paragraph block…with its own paragraph block toolbar,…and here is the new one I just created.…
This works anywhere within the document.…So, if you place your cursor inside a heading,…for instance, and hit Return, you create a new block.…If you don't like that block you just created,…you can simply highlight the contents within it,…Backspace twice…and the block goes away.…But this is just one of several ways…you can create a new block.…And while focused on any block,…you can choose more options here,…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block deep dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.