- To create a new task using the new task forum,…we need to monitor this button down here,…the input type submit.…When it's clicked, we stop the default behavior…on the forum immediately so we don't reload the page.…We grab all the information from the forum,…parse it into json.…Pass that json off to the REST API…and let WordPress generate the new task.…All of this will happen in a new JS file…under the JS folder called…edittask.ajax.js.…I call it edit task because we'll use it later…when we look at editing and updating tasks as well.…
In this new file, we first need to detect…the click on the submit button.…Here, I'll monitor the document.…And look for an on event on…submit inside task forum.…When the submit button is clicked,…I'll run an anonymous function…that captures that click event.…Grab the event and immediately prevent default.…This stops the forum from submitting…through the browser immediately,…so the window doesn't reload.…Next, I'll call a new function called generate json.…
Then we have to build that function.…
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.