Learn how to create custom post types using the Custom Post Type UI plugin.
- [Instructor] Before we create any new custom post types…let me briefly show you which post types are available…in WordPress out of the box.…You'll learn a lot more about this in the next chapter,…but this is a cursory overview…so you see what's going on.…WordPress has three main post types you use all the time.…They are posts, those are the blog posts…that have categories and tags.…They are pages, these are the static pages…that are sorted based on parent child relationships,…and you also have a custom post type…called attachment posts.…These are individual posts that are created…anytime you upload media elements like images,…or documents, or anything else,…and they are available through the media section.…
Later in the course we'll work with two custom post types.…One called testimonials and one called reviews,…and I'll show you how to display the information…from these post types on the front end.…So if you don't want to write all the code…to create these custom post types later on,…you need to create them here and now,…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.