Learn how to create custom meta boxes and fields with CMB2.
- [Instructor] As you saw in the previous movie,…the example functions file CMB2…builds all the custom fields you could possibly add…to any post or page or custom post type…in your word press site…and building your own custom solution is pretty much…a matter of going through the example functions file…finding the types of field you want…and then experimenting to see how they work.…So for the sake of expediency and not driving you crazy…by typing out tons and tons and tons of code,…I've done the work for you here…to set up what we need for our example.…
Just to remind you, the fields that we want to add in…to the site are the prediction field,…the pre-task stress level field,…which is a radio button field with five options,…the outcome field, and the post-task stress level field,…which is also radio buttons…and then there's this task status, which is a Boolean.…We'll address that a little later on.…In the exercise files for this movie,…you'll find a new file called CMB2 functions…that sits directly under includes.…
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.