Content (and block) creation works the same way content creation works in most text editors: Simply type out content and it appears. Many common features in the block editor have keyboard shortcuts or short phrases. Get a short demo and a link to a full l
- [Instructor] The WordPress Block Editor…was created to make advanced dynamic content creation…and management as easy as possible.…To get to the editor and create a new post or page,…either go to the WordPress toolbar…and hover over new and select post or page.…Or go to the back end, go to posts,…add new or pages, add new.…In this example, I'll create a new post…by going to new and posts.…And this brings me to the Block Editor.…The first thing I'll do here, is add a title,…even if it's just a working title.…You can change this title at any time.…
But giving your post or page a title is important…so you can find it in your index later.…Otherwise, you'll end up with a list of untitled posts…which is not very useful.…Next, write out some content.…If you're just here to write out a bunch of content,…maybe for a draft or a quick blog post,…the Block Editor makes that process easy.…Just type out your text as you would…in a regular word processing application…and blocks are created for you automatically.…In addition to simple content writing and editing,…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.